Buttery roasted corn, spicy jalapeno peppers, and rich manchego cheese come together in this zesty grilled cheese.
- Begin by adding half of the shredded Manchego cheese onto one slice of Texas toast.
- Shave the kernels off of one ear of corn and sprinkle a bunch of the kernels on top of the Manchego.
- Next, add the rest of the cheese on top of the pickled jalapenos and the roasted corn and then finish by topping it with the remaining slice of Texas toast. I recommend adding about 1 tablespoon of pickled jalapenos, but you can add as many or as less as you'd like. Butter the exterior of the sandwich and set aside.
- Heat a medium sized cast iron skillet or panini press over medium heat and add in the buttered sandwich. Let the sandwich cook for a few minutes on one side until the crust has become a golden brown color and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Once one side is ready, gently flip the sandwich and repeat until all the cheese has melted and the other side is as toasted and crisped up as side
- When the sandwich is ready, remove it from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Right before you eat it, hit it with the juice from one wedge of lime.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|