- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
- 1 small eggplant
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sprig of parsley, finely chopped
- Wash and dry eggplant. Remove the stem and cut the eggplant in round pieces about 1/8” thick ( about 1 cup). Rub olive oil and lightly salt each eggplant round and place in oven under broiler for three minutes each side. Watch closely so that the eggplant does not burn.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add eggplant, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, parsley, and salt until the ingredients form a paste-like consistency. Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- Garnish with any remaining parsley, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|