|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you want a little spice, sprinkle the fingerling potatoes with a Cajun seasoning before roasting. Serve the roasted potatoes with just about any main dish, along with a side vegetable or tossed salad. The potatoes make an excellent side dish with steaks or a roast.
What are Fingerling Potatoes?
Fingerling potatoes are long, small tubers with thin skin. The potatoes shouldn't be confused with the young "new potatoes," as they are mature when they are harvested. Fingerlings are excellent roasted or boiled and add fabulous texture to salads. Unless the fingerling potatoes are quite small, cut them in half lengthwise. You will find red, purple Peruvian, and yellow varieties in the market. Feel free to use baby potatoes or creamers in the recipe if that's what you have on hand.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed and finely minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: Cajun seasoning to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 450 F and grease a large shallow baking dish with olive oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Scrub potatoes and cut large ones in half lengthwise.
In a large bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, pepper, and seasoning, if using. Add the potatoes and toss to coat with the oil and seasonings.
Arrange the coated potatoes in a single layer in the prepared baking pan.
Roast the potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Air Fryer: Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Add the seasoned potatoes and set the temperature to 400 F. Set the timer for 20 minutes. Shake the basket about halfway through the cooking time so the potatoes will brown evenly. Depending on the air fryer, you may have to cook the potatoes in two batches.
- Garlic and Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes: Replace the thyme with 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped rosemary or about 1/2 teaspoon of chopped dried rosemary.