|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The irresistible taste of roasted garlic comes alive in this delicious and easy-to-make roasted garlic bread. Made in the bread machine, this bread tastes like toasted garlic bread. After combining the butter and minced garlic together, simply put the ingredients—minus the roasted garlic—in the bread machine and let it do the kneading. Then add the roasted garlic as directed, and enjoy the aroma of baking bread wafting through your kitchen.
Slice and serve this bread with soups, spaghetti, lasagna, or any of your favorite Italian dishes. You can also enjoy it with a tossed salad for a lunch or light dinner.
1 large head garlic, roasted, to make 1/4 cup mashed garlic
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup milk
2 3/4 cups bread flour
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Gather the ingredients.
Prepare roasted garlic. After squeezing garlic out of cloves, mash slightly and measure 1/4 cup.
In a small microwave-safe dish, combine butter and minced garlic. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
Place all ingredients—butter and garlic mixture, water, milk, bread flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and yeast—except the roasted garlic—in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
Listen to the machine as it kneads; if it sounds rough or straining add more warm water. If the dough is too wet or soft, add more flour. This is common practice in bread machines since flour absorbs more or less water depending on the growing conditions of the wheat and the region where it was grown.
Add mashed garlic at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before the last kneading cycle ends. Select the Basic/White cycle and use Medium or Light Crust Color. Do not use delay cycles.
- Slice it up, slather it with butter, and garnish it with oregano or rosemary for an additional explosion of flavor.
- Plan ahead and make the roasted garlic as many as three days in advance.
- Cut the loaf in half and freeze half of it.
How to Store and Freeze
- Homemade bread can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container at room temperature for two to three days.
- Freeze your homemade bread so you have some for later. Make sure the bread has cooled down first, then double wrap it in freezer-safe bags. The bread will stay fresh for up to three weeks. If you want longer storage, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. It will keep in the freezer for up to six months.