- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (15 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- In a food processor, process beans, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano until desired consistency.
- If hummus is too thick, simply add olive oil in small increments (1/2 teaspoon) until desired consistency.
- Serve roasted garlic hummus garnished with finely chopped parsley with hot pita bread, pita chips, or veggies. Roasted red pepper hummus goes very well with cubes of warm Italian bread.
- Hummus can be prepared in advance up to two days if stored in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To serve, heat in microwave or on a stovetop.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|