Lime juice, garlic, and cilantro flavor these easily roasted chicken breasts. We used bone-in split chicken breasts for this recipe, but you could use chicken parts or even boneless chicken breasts. Just be sure to reduce the time to about 20 to 25 minutes for boneless, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
The marinade would also be excellent for grilled chicken pieces or whole legs.
- Put chicken in a large plastic sealable food storage bag or covered container. Combine the vegetable oil, lime zest and juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and cilantro. Pour the mixture into the bag or container and turn to coat the chicken thoroughly; cover the container or seal the bag. Refrigerate for about 2 to 4 hours to marinate, turning from time to time.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Line a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan or rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until chicken registers at least 165 (73.9 C) on an instant-read thermometer, the minimum safe temperature for chicken and other poultry products.
Tips and Variations
- Grilled Marinated Boneless Chicken Breasts - Put the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them to a uniform thickness. Marinate the chicken as directed and prepare the grill for medium-high heat, or about 400 F. Grill the chicken over direct heat for about 12 minutes, turning frequently, or until the chicken reaches at least 165 (73.9 C) on an instant-read thermometer.
- Replace the lime zest and juice with lemon zest and juice and replace the cilantro with parsley.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||84 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|