|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Roasted Pork Tenderloin is surrounded with tender vegetables in this easy one dish meal. This type of meal is especially easy to put together on a weeknight since it only uses five ingredients, and all you need to add is a nice green salad and perhaps some breadsticks or rolls made with refrigerated dough.
You can use other hard or root vegetables in this simple dish. Think about using sliced parsnips or rutabagas, or other types of potatoes. The vegetables become soft and tender as the pork cooks, but have crispy edges so they are just delicious. You could also use other types of herbs. Add some fresh rosemary, or some dried basil, thyme, or oregano to the dish instead of the dried Italian seasoning.
Make sure you are buying a pork tenderloin for this recipe, not a pork loin roast. The tenderloin is much smaller and cooks in a shorter period of time. The label should state, quite clearly "tenderloin of pork". If you're not sure, ask the butcher.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a 9 x 13" pan, place the pork tenderloin and sprinkle evenly with the seasoned salt. Arrange all of the vegetables around the pork, then dot everything with the butter and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Roast, uncovered for 35 minutes so everything browns nicely. Then cover the pan with foil and roast another 10-15 minutes longer until pork is cooked to at least 145 F and the vegetables are tender.