Oven roasted potatoes give this potato salad unique flavor and texture. The potatoes are dressed with a simple, savory mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice. Dill, red onion, chives, and garlic provide color and flavor.
This potato salad will be the hit of the cookout or potluck, and it goes well with grilled meat, chicken, or burgers. Add a little diced cooked bacon to this potato salad for extra flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for the pan)
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with foil; brush the foil lightly with a small amount of olive oil.
- Scrub the potatoes. Peel, if desired, and then cut them into bite-si2 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces.
- Peel the red onion and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl or in a food storage bag, toss the potatoes and onion chunks with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, dill weed, chives, salt, and pepper. Transfer the potato mixture to the baking pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally so the potatoes will brown evenly.
- Let the potatoes cool completely. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Toss the mayonnaise mixture with the potato mixture, adding more mayonnaise if needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|