|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Roasted potatoes are a great choice for a side dish. Especially for a quick grilled or skillet chicken, beef or pork.
This version is seasoned with garlic and a variety of dried herbs. The potatoes are tossed with the seasonings and olive oil and then they're roasted to crispy perfection. It's a simple recipe that you can throw together and put in the oven, then focus on your main dish.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes (cut in 1 1/2 to 2-inch chunks)
- 1 large sweet onion (cut into large chunks)
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic (smashed and minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash dried marjoram (or basil)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Gather the ingredients.
Line a large shallow baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray or lightly grease the foil.
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or food storage bag; toss to coat thoroughly.
Arrange in the foil-lined baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender and nicely browned.
Arrange the roasted potatoes in a serving bowl.
Serve as a side for your favorite meal and enjoy!
- Any potato can be roasted, but red Bliss, new potatoes, round whites, and Yukon gold are excellent choices for roasting because they have a firmer texture than baking potatoes.
- Red potatoes add color to the dish if left unpeeled.
- To reheat leftover roasted potatoes, arrange them on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Use leftover roasted potatoes to make potato salad.
- For buttery flavor, use all or part melted butter or ghee.
- Bacon drippings, lard, or duck fat add fabulous flavor to roasted potatoes.
- For additional color and flavor, add strips of red bell pepper to the baking sheet.
- Add chunks of peeled sweet potatoes to the white potatoes.