|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6-8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||69%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This elegant recipe demands the most special occasion. Serve it with roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, and the most decadent pecan pie for dessert.
- 5 lb. rib roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Let the beef stand at room temperature for one hour before cooking. Place meat in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you like, cut small slits into the meat and push slivers of garlic into the slits.
- Cook the roast for 15 minutes at 450 F. Turn the heat down to 350 F and roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a meat thermometer registers around 135 - 140 degrees F for medium rare. Remove the meat from the oven, cover, and let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Temperature should rise another 5-10 degrees F.
- While the meat is resting, pour off most of the fat from the roasting pan and place over medium-high heat. Add the stock and cook and stir, scraping the pan to loosen the drippings. Cook the stock until it is thick and syrupy. Stir in butter and remove from heat. Carve the meat and serve with the sauce.