- 2 pounds baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved if small, quartered if large
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, woody core removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Leaves from 4 to 6 sprigs fresh thyme, woody stems discarded
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
Place the potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in a single layer in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil, season with pepper and salt, and toss with clean hands or a large spoon to coat the vegetables evenly with the oil and seasonings.
Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the undersides begin to brown and the vegetables start to soften.
Turn the vegetables with a spatula or spoon, and roast for 10 minutes more.
Add the garlic and thyme leaves, toss to coat, and roast for 5 to 10 more minutes, until vegetables reach desired doneness. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|