- 2 pounds baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved if small, quartered if large
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, woody core removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Leaves from 4 to 6 sprigs fresh thyme, woody stems discarded
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in a single layer in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil, season with pepper and salt, and toss with clean hands or a large spoon to coat the vegetables evenly with the oil and seasonings.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the undersides begin to brown and the vegetables start to soften. Turn the vegetables with a spatula or spoon, and roast for 10 minutes more.
- Add the garlic and thyme leaves, toss to coat, and roast for 5 to 10 more minutes, until vegetables reach desired doneness.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|