This grill-roasted turkey breast may be simple, but it's full of flavor. The secret is to keep the temperature low enough to allow the inside to get cooked before the surface dries out.
- 2 to 3 pounds (900 to 1300 kg) boneless turkey breast, string-trussed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter, cold
- Preheat grill. Cut butter into 8 quarter-inch wide slivers, one inch long. Make 8 half-inch slits in the top skin and slip butter into slits. Push any extra butter into the folds created when the breast is wrapped. Salt and pepper all over.
- Cook for 5 minutes at high heat, then adjust grill to medium heat. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F/80 degrees C.
- Remove and let cool 20 minutes before carving. If you need drippings for gravy, set a drip pan on bars or bricks under the rack, and remove it after the first 30 minutes (or else it will burn off).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6,484 g|
|Saturated Fat||1,187 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1,814 g|
|Dietary Fiber||300 g|