|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These are basic rolled dumplings for stew. Add parsley to these dumplings for herb dumplings. For chicken or turkey stew, I like to add about 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to the dough along with parsley. If you use dried parsley flakes, use only about 1 teaspoon.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal. Stir in the milk with a fork just until blended and you have a soft dough.
- Put the dough on a floured surface. Put a piece of plastic wrap over the dough and let it rest for 5 minutes. Leaving the plastic wrap on the dough, roll out to about 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into squares.
- Place on stew, cover the pot tightly, and simmer stew for about 20 minutes, until light and flaky.
You Might Also Like
Basic Dumplings With Biscuit Mix