This simple prime rib rub utilizes the light pine flavor of rosemary and garlic. While this recipe calls for both butter and olive oil, you can simply omit the butter if preferred.
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL butter (unsalted, room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL rosemary (chopped)
- 2-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt (sea or kosher)
- 2 teaspoons/ 10 mL black pepper
Combine ingredients and apply to roast. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Double recipe if making a large roast. This recipe is intended for a 4 bone rib roast. Keep mixture in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. If opting for olive oil only, use 2 tablespoons/30 mL for this recipe.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|