|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||23%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Roasted baby potatoes make a comforting side dish to countless recipes. When prepared with just a few all-natural ingredients and fresh herbs, this inexpensive, healthy, and simple dish can enhance the main course.
This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, egg free, vegan, as well as gluten-free and wheat-free diets. Add additional fresh herbs and spices, steamed veggies, or even sun-dried tomatoes to your potatoes to add your own personal touch to this recipe or use the suggested variations below.
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled (but not chopped; leave cloves whole)
- 2 tablespoon good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Steps to Make It
Preheat the oven to 450 F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the potatoes, garlic, olive oil, fresh rosemary leaves, and dried oregano together. Transfer to a baking dish just big enough to fit the potatoes in a single layer, and season generously with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place dish, uncovered, on the center rack in the preheated oven and bake until tender and lightly golden-brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- If you do not have a baking dish that's the right size, roast the potatoes on a baking sheet and then transfer the potatoes to a serving dish before serving.
- Wondering what to serve with baby potatoes? Try hearty soups and stews, casseroles, meat, and poultry entrees or seafood.
- In place of the rosemary and oregano, toss the potatoes with finely chopped fresh chives. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Before roasting, add other root vegetables to the mix. Carrots and pearl onions are flavorful additions to roasted potatoes.
- Add a summery touch by adding a handful of olive-oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes and good-quality olives to the potatoes about halfway through roasting.
- Make a roasted potato salad by chilling the roasted potatoes and toss with pesto.
- During the fall months, add chunks of butternut squash to the mix. Add one tablespoon or so more of olive oil to make sure everything is coated.
- For a more colorful dish, use half baby red potatoes and half baby Yukon gold potatoes.