Serve this simple pasta casserole as a side dish or make it a meatless entree for any night of the week.
Add a tossed salad and some garlic bread to make it a full and satisfying meal.
- 8 ounces rotini, cooked as directed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan; add onion and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and basil; cook for 2 minutes, until heated through. Taste and add the pepper and salt, making adjustments to suit your taste.
Stir the hot cooked rotini into the tomato mixture. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese; spoon into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the casserole.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
You Might Also Like