Serve this simple pasta casserole as a side dish or make it a meatless entree for any night of the week.
Add a tossed salad and some garlic bread to make it a full and satisfying meal.
- 8 ounces rotini, cooked as directed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan; add onion and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and basil; cook for 2 minutes, until heated through. Taste and add the pepper and salt, making adjustments to suit your taste.
- Stir the hot cooked rotini into the tomato mixture. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese; spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
You Might Also Like