This method of heating a holiday ham gives it that crusty sweet coating that everyone loves. Start with low heat to get the ham up to temperature, then glaze and put on the flame to caramelize the sugar and give it a good crust. Simple and delicious.
- 1 5-pound (2.3 kg) ham, fully cooked
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons (5 mL) ground cloves
- Put the ham on your rotisserie spit and place on the grill over a medium to low heat. Cook for about 13 minutes per pound or about 1 hour for a 5-pound ham.
- Meanwhile combine the honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cloves. When the internal temperature reaches about 150 F (65 C), begin brushing the honey mixture over the surface of the ham. Once it is well-coated, start sprinkling the sugar over the ham. You want to get an even coating. Close lid and continue roasting until the sugar has started to turn brown and you can no longer see the sugar crystals.
- Turn off the heat, but leave the rotisserie running for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to set. Carefully remove ham from grill and rotisserie. Carve and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|