|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 plates (serves 4)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 67g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||94%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Instead of individual tandoori chicken pieces, try the whole chicken rotisserie style. This is actually an authentic way to cook tandoori chicken, particularly if it is done over charcoal. Delicious indeed.
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds/1.8 kg
- For the Marinade:
- 1 cup/240 mL plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Remove giblets and wing tips from chicken. Wash out the chicken cavity and pat dry. Place chicken in a deep dish, coat with yogurt mixture, cover and allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat grill. Remove chicken from dish and discard marinade. Place chicken on rotisserie spit and cook over indirect medium-high heat for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches between 165 and 170 degrees F. (75 degrees C.) If heat is too high, reduce and cook over medium heat instead. Once cooked, remove from heat and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Learn how to cook a Rotisserie Chicken Step by Step.