This is a great dessert kebab that can be served alone or with ice cream. This grilled pineapple recipe can also be used to enhance cocktails, such as a Mai Tai. You aren't limited to just rum, you can substitute with tequila if so inclined.
- 1 pineapple, cut into 8 wedges, then cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) dark rum (or tequila)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
1. Mix rum, brown sugar, honey, and orange juice together until sugar is dissolved.
2. Preheat Grill.
3. Thread pineapple slices onto skewers. Place on the grill and baste with rum sauce.
4. Cook kebabs for about 10 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
5. Remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes before serving with cocktails or ice cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|