|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This banana cream pie is one of many cocktail recipes that take on the name. The easiest way to describe it is "yummy" and this recipe is unbelievably simple, requiring just two ingredients.
RumChata is the star of this delicious dessert cocktail. The recipe is one of the liqueur's signature drinks and you're sure to enjoy the way the rum cream with hints of cinnamon and vanilla plays off the banana liqueur. To bring the drink together, all you need to do is shake and strain the liqueurs. While optional, the graham cracker rim finishes it off wonderfully and completes that "pie in a glass" experience.
1/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers, for rimming
2 ounces cream liqueur
3/4 ounce banana liqueur
Gather the ingredients.
Rim a chilled cocktail glass with finely crushed graham crackers: Pour a small amount of one of the liqueurs into a shallow dish. Dip the rim in the liqueur, then roll it in a dish of graham crackers.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the cream and banana liqueurs.
Strain into the prepared glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- When it comes to banana liqueur, there are a number of options. Creme de banane and banana schnapps are the most popular. A well-stocked liquor store should have at least one banana option; 99 Bananas, DeKuyper, Hiram Walker, Bols, and Marie Brizard are some of the brand names to look for.
- Make sure your graham crackers are crushed as finely as possible so there are not obtrusive chunks on the rim. The easiest way to do this is to place a few crackers in a blender or food processor.
- Pour a little of either liqueur into a shallow dish that's wide enough for the diameter of your glass. Quickly dip the rim into the liquid and, keeping the glass upside down, roll it in a plate of the prepared graham crackers.
- Make sure your glass is as cold as you can get it. Glass temperature really makes a difference with creamy drinks like this.
- Consider serving the drink over ice in a snifter or old-fashioned glass rather than a cocktail glass.
- Give the banana cream pie a little punch by adding a shot of vodka or rum. You could even add a flavored spirit, such as whipped cream vodka or coconut rum.
- There are also recipes for a banana cream pie martini. These typically pour 2 ounces of vodka and 1 ounce each of Irish cream and banana liqueurs. It's a delicious drink and RumChata is a perfect substitute for Irish cream.
How Strong Is a Banana Cream Pie?
The two liqueurs that go into the banana cream pie are low-proof, so this is going to be a gentle drink. It should weigh in somewhere around 13 percent ABV (26 proof) when made with the average banana liqueur. That makes it equivalent to a glass of wine, only much yummier!