|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Some of the best things in life are the simplest, and that is definitely the case for this Rumchata lemon cake cocktail. The recipe is very easy, requiring just two ingredients and featuring one of the most popular cream liqueurs on the market today.
RumChata is the star of the show, and its mix of Caribbean rum and Wisconsin cream can quickly become your new favorite. In this mixed drink recipe from the brand, RumChata is simply combined with the luscious, sweet taste of limoncello, and served on the rocks.
The result is a delightful, creamy dessert cocktail with a hint of lemon and just enough sweetness to satiate any sweet tooth. It is perfect for dinner parties, or anytime you want a slow sipping, low-proof drink.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the RumChata and limoncello, then fill with ice.
Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice. Serve and enjoy.
- While you could simply build this drink directly in the serving glass and stir it to mix, shaking is preferred. The agitation dilutes the creaminess and gives it a nice effervescence that makes it a little more enjoyable to drink.
- Shaking does break down the ice so it will melt faster. That's why it's always best to strain cocktails over fresh ice when serving them on the rocks.
- For a fancier presentation, strain the drink into a cocktail glass. If you do not include ice, be sure the glass is chilled first.
- Serve the lemon cake as a party shot if you like. The recipe makes about 4 1/2 ounces, so if you mix it all up you'll have enough for about three or four shots, depending on the size of your shot glass.
- Use any other cream liqueur. Irish cream is a very common option though you might also like this drink with something like Somrus, which has a nutty flavor.
- Lemon rum or vodka can be used as a substitute for limoncello, though the cocktail won't be as sweet.
- The other option that will cut the drink's alcohol content is to use a lemon simple syrup. It's easy to make from scratch and the only ingredients you need are a few lemons and some sugar.
- Add another layer of flavor with a coffee liqueur (e.g., Kahlua), amaretto, or coconut rum.
Making the perfect drink at home has become easier with these useful tips. Learn what glasses to use, when to shake or stir a cocktail, and more hints toward getting the ideal cocktail.
- Bartending 101: Essential Techniques, Tips, and Tricks
- Types of Glassware Every Bar Needs
- Why You Should Own a Cocktail Shaker
- How to Properly Shake a Cocktail
- How to Strain Cocktails
- Tips for Serving Drinks On The Rocks
- Chill Glassware When Mixing Drinks for Better Cocktails
- How to Build Mixed Drinks in the Glass
How Strong Is a Lemon Cake?
The lemon cake recipe is made with two liqueurs, so it's relatively mild. RumChata is bottled at just 27.5 proof and most limoncello is 60 proof. When combined, the drink's alcohol content is around 16 percent ABV (32 proof). It's like drinking a really delicious wine!