- 8 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons clove (whole)
- 3 tablespoons orange zest (or tangerine)
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Place the tea leaves, cloves, zest and cinnamon sticks into a cheesecloth bag and tie the top tightly.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, add the bag, remove from the heat, and allow to steep, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the honey & lemon juice and serve. This tea may be made in advance and kept for two to three days if it is covered and refrigerated.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)