Simple, delicious, and slightly out of the ordinary, this rutabaga and apple casserole recipe is an easy to make side dish for fall.
- 3 cups peeled sliced rutabaga
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Dash of salt
- Cook rutabaga slices in boiling salted water until just tender; drain.
- Layer half of the rutabaga slices and half of apple slices in a buttered 1 quart casserole. Sprinkle with half of brown sugar and dot with half of butter. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat layers.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
More Rutabaga Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|