|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6-7 cups (serves 6)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 45g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||106%|
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
In Greek: ρύζι με φιδέ, pronounced REE-zee meh fee-THEH
This is a fabulous alternative to a plain rice dish. The angel hair pasta is sautéed until brown then cooked with the rice. An easy dish to make and delightful on the table.
- 2 1/2 cups of long grain rice
- 5 cups of water (or beef or chicken stock)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 0.4 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 pound of angel hair pasta (broken into small pieces)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Bring olive and butter to high heat and add the pasta. Sauté until it browns. Add water or stock.
- When full boil is reached, add the rice, reduce heat, and cook until the liquid is absorbed (uncovered), about 20 minutes.