Saffron pilaf is a flavorful side that is great alongside chicken. It is extremely easy to prepare. The saffron gives a unique and subtle flavor.
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot water
In a small bowl, combine hot water and saffron to allow flavor to escape the threads.
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until golden. Add chicken stock, saffron, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
Add basmati rice, cover, and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered for 3-5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|