A unique blending of sage, cumin, and other spices are used in this recipe. I recommend grilling over charcoal, but gas works just as well. If so inclined, double the marinade recipe and set half aside for brushing onto the pork while it's cooking.
- 2 medium sized pork tenderloins
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) white cooking wine
- 3 leaves of fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
1. In blender or food processor, blend marinade ingredients.
2. Place tenderloins into resealable plastic bag. Pour mixture onto pork, making sure it is well coated (this will be a thick marinade), seal bags and place into refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Prepare the charcoal grill or if using gas, preheat to medium.
4. Remove tenderloins from bag and place onto grill.
5. Cook, turning occasionally, for 35-45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
6. Remove from heat, let rest for 5 minutes, slice into medallions and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|