- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan set over low-medium heat. When the butter begins to get just slightly bubbly, add the chopped garlic clove.
- Stir the garlic in the butter for 1 minute. Add the chopped sage to the garlic butter and continue stirring and cooking the mixture for 1 to 2 additional minutes, until the butter has turned very light brown and has a rich, nutty aroma.
- Season the sage brown butter sauce with ground black pepper and serve it hot.
- This sage browned butter sauce recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)