These Salisbury steaks are shaped, broiled then served with a very easy mushroom gravy with a little red wine.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 can (3 to 4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine, optional
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, grated onion, salt, marjoram, and pepper; mix well.
- Divide meat into 6 portions; shape into oval patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- Broil Salisbury steak 3 inches from heat for 3 to 4 minutes; turn and broil the other side of Salisbury steak for about 4 minutes, or until done as desired.
- Prepare gravy mix as package directs.
- Stir in mushrooms and wine, if using. Heat through.
- Pour the gravy over Salisbury steak patties and serve with potatoes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|