Salmon burgers are a flavorful and delicious hamburger recipe made with canned salmon, saltine cracker crumbs, and English muffins. We think the saltine cracker crumbs add enough sodium to this recipe but add salt and pepper to your taste.
You can serve these on English muffins that have been split and toasted. we like them better than plain buns because they stand up better to the moist burger. Try it!
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14-ounce) can salmon (drained)
- 3/4 cup fine saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 English muffins (split)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin slices Muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup lettuce leaves
- Combine onion, garlic, and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once during cooking time, until onion is tender.
- Place salmon into a bowl and remove skin and bones, if desired. Flake salmon.
- Add onion mixture, cracker crumbs, thyme, egg, milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently but thoroughly. Shape mixture into four patties.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add patties and cook over medium heat, turning once, until patties are browned and hot.
- Meanwhile, butter the split English muffins and toast. Add Muenster cheese to the bottom of each muffin pair and toast until melted.
- When salmon patties are done, place on melted cheese on muffin bottom. Add mayonnaise, honey mustard, lettuce, and top half of muffins. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||49 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|