- 1 can (about 14 ounces) salmon, including liquid
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, optional but recommended
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Drain the liquid from the canned salmon into a large mixing bowl. Set the salmon aside.
To the salmon liquid, add mayonnaise, sweet onions, celery, egg, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, dill weed, and hot sauce. Mix to combine.
Remove any skin from the salmon. Fold salmon and bread crumbs into the mayonnaise mixture using a dinner fork. Do not overmix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Form into 4 to 6 salmon burger patties.
Place a heavy skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Fry the salmon burgers until you have a nice dark crust on each side, turning only once. (Do not try to rush this process over high heat or the centers will be mushy and uncooked.)
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|