These salmon patties get a little kick from the addition of Old Bay seasoning. Use less Old Bay in these salmon cakes if your family prefers mild food. The crushed potato chips add flavor and act as a binder in this tasty recipe.
Don't Miss: Pecan-Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 1 large baked potato
- 1 cup potato chips
- 1 teaspoon. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 7 ounces pouches salmon or 1 14.75 oz. can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup very finely-chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup very finely-chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash baked potato and prick several times with a fork. Put in microwave on a paper towel. Heat on high 5-8 minutes until done. Let cool.
- Place potato chips in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until crushed. Add baked potato with skin and Old Bay to food processor. Pulse until the mixture becomes the texture of thick mashed potatoes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Form mixture into 1/2-inch thick salmon patties.
- Spread Panko out in a thin layer on a plate. Dip salmon patties into Panko, coating both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
Don't Miss: Salmon Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|