|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4-6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 65g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a simple, quick and easy main dish for salmon spaghetti carbonara. It's the perfect use for leftover cooked salmon. If there's any left over from this dish, you can make a cheesy pasta frittata!
You can make this recipe with spaghetti, fettuccine, and linguine pasta; it's delicious with all three. Any long pasta is perfect in this dish; it holds onto the creamy sauce and is the perfect foil for the tender salmon and salty bacon.
Make sure you serve this wonderful dish as soon as it is served. The sauce will thicken as it cools, and you want to make sure your guests get the combination of tender pasta, nutty salmon, crisp and salty bacon, and smooth and creamy sauce.
- 1 (1 pound) package spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 cooked salmon fillets, broken into pieces
- 2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed and drained, if desired
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta as directed on the package. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels and crumble; set aside. Discard the bacon fat.
2. In a small bowl beat together the egg yolks with the cream; season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low heat and add the salmon, peas, and cooked bacon; gently heat. Shake the pan from time to time, so the food doesn't stick.
4. When the pasta is done, drain well and add immediately to the skillet with the salmon; do not stir.
5. Immediately pour the egg mixture over the hot pasta. Turn the heat under the skillet to medium. Using tongs, gently lift and turn the pasta, egg mixture, salmon, peas, and bacon together until a creamy sauce forms on the pasta. The egg will cook on contact with hot pasta. Sprinkle the food with the cheese and toss gently. Serve immediately.