|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 5 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 54g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||71%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you love salt and vinegar potato chips, then you'll love these tangy wings. Add a touch of cayenne pepper to the marinade to boost its spiciness. These wings are served with a delicious creamy goat cheese dipping sauce. However, if you are not a fan of goat cheese, use blue cheese or crumbled feta instead.
- 3 pounds/1.4 kg chicken wings
- 1 3/4 cups/420 mL distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL sea salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL garlic powder
- For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL soft goat cheese (use blue cheese or feta if preferred)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL plain yogurt (whole milk, not Greek)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL white pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Combine marinade ingredients. Make sure salt has dissolved into liquid ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside to use as a baste for later.
Place wings into a resealable plastic bag(s) and pour remaining marinade over top. Make sure all wings are immersed. Seal bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
While wings are marinating, prepare dipping sauce. Combine yogurt with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar salt and white pepper. Taste for salt content and add more if needed. Fold in goat cheese pieces. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Take out of fridge about 15 minutes before it's time to serve wings.
Prepare a charcoal grill. Place wings onto the grill and cook for two hours at 250 F/120 C. Turn occasionally during the cooking process. Baste wings with reserved marinade after the first 30 minutes of cook time, repeat the process once or twice more within the first hour. Do not baste after that. This will allow the wings to crisp up nicely on the grill.
Once wings are golden brown, have a nice crispness to them, and have reached an internal temperature between 175 F to 185 F, remove from heat and serve with dipping sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
Watch Now: 8 Tips for Grilling the Crispiest, Tastiest Wings