|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
If you love salt and vinegar potato chips, then you'll love these tangy wings. Add a touch of cayenne pepper to the marinade to boost its spiciness. These wings are served with a delicious creamy goat cheese dipping sauce. However, if you are not a fan of goat cheese, use blue cheese or crumbled feta instead.
- 3 pounds/1.4 kg chicken wings
- 1 3/4 cups/420 mL distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL sea salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL garlic powder
- For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL soft goat cheese (use blue cheese or feta if preferred)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL plain yogurt (whole milk, not Greek)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL white pepper
Combine marinade ingredients. Make sure salt has dissolved into liquid ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside to use as a baste for later.
Place wings into resealable plastic bag(s) and pour remaining marinade over top. Make sure all wings are immersed. Seal bag and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
While wings are marinating, prepare dipping sauce. Combine yogurt with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar salt and white pepper. Taste for salt content and add more if needed. Fold in goat cheese pieces. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Take out of fridge about 15 minutes before it's time to serve wings.
Prepare charcoal grill. Place wings onto grill and cook for two hours at 250 F (120 C). Turn occasionally during cooking process. Baste wings with reserved marinade after the first 30 minutes of cook time, repeat process once or twice more within the first hour. Do not baste after that. This will allow the wings to crisp up nicely on the grill.
Once wings are golden brown, have a nice crispness to them and have reached an internal temperature between 175 F to 185 F, remove from heat and serve with dipping sauce.