|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6-8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||41%|
|Total Carbohydrate 75g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Marshmallow treats are one of the easiest desserts to prepare and transport to a barbecue or potluck. This recipe calls for chili chocolate, but you can certainly use semi-sweet chocolate if you'd prefer. Give this delicious dessert a try at your next get together.
- 5 cups/1.2 L crisped rice cereal
- 1/4 cup/60 mL unsalted butter
- 1 jar
- marshmallow creme (7 ounces/200 g)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL salted caramel sauce
- 1/3 cup/80 mL chili dark chocolate (or chocolate of choice), cut into small chunks.
- 1 small resealable plastic bag
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place chocolate bar in freezer for 30 minutes. Cold chocolate is easier to cut.
- Grease a large glass with butter. Set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Reduce heat to low and add marshmallow cream. Stir often until butter and creme and melted through and combined. Remove from heat and add crisped rice cereal. Carefully fold cereal into marshmallow mixture until well coated. Transfer to greased dish. Place a small about of butter on hands (this keep the cereal mixture from sticking to you). Gently press into glass pan, making sure to cereal is evenly distributes and is about 1 1/2 inches or so, thick. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While treats are cooling, chop 1/3 cup/80 mL of chocolate and set aside. Place 1/2 cup/120 mL of salted caramel sauce into a small bowl. Warm in the microwave oven for about 15 seconds. Pour into a small resealable plastic bag. Let out air and close. Using scissors, make a small snip on the corner of bag. This can get messy so make sure you have a few paper towels. Drizzle salted caramel over top of marshmallow treats and top with chocolate. Place into fridge for 10 minutes, then cut into equal sized squares.