Marshmallow treats are one of the easiest desserts to prepare and transport to a barbecue or potluck. This recipe calls for chili chocolate, but you can certainly use semi-sweet chocolate if you'd prefer. Give this delicious dessert a try at your next get together.
- 5 cups/1.2 L crisped rice cereal
- 1/4 cup/60 mL unsalted butter
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7 ounces/200 g)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL salted caramel sauce
- 1/3 cup/80 mL chili dark chocolate (or chocolate of choice), cut into small chunks.
- 1 small resealable plastic bag
- Place chocolate bar in the freezer for 30 minutes. Cold chocolate is easier to cut.
- Grease a large glass with butter.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add marshmallow cream.
- Stir often until butter and creme are melted through and combined.
- Remove from heat and add crisped rice cereal.
- Carefully fold cereal into marshmallow mixture until well coated.
- Transfer to greased dish.
- Place a small about of butter on hands (this keep the cereal mixture from sticking to you).
- Gently press into a glass pan, making sure to cereal is evenly distributes and is about 1 1/2 inches or so, thick.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While treats are cooling, chop 1/3 cup/80 mL of chocolate and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup/120 mL of salted caramel sauce into a small bowl.
- Warm in the microwave oven for about 15 seconds.
- Pour into a small resealable plastic bag.
- Let out air and close.
- Using scissors, make a small snip on the corner of the bag. This can get messy so make sure you have a few paper towels.
- Drizzle salted caramel over top of marshmallow treats and top with chocolate.
- Place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Then cut into equal sized squares.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|