When most people think of kebabs the image of beef and vegetables on a skewer come to mind. Fish, however, makes an excellent addition to any skewer.
This recipe features a delicious fish marinade that brings out the flavor of the fish while still maintaining the "grilled" flavor.
- 2 lbs. fish (swordfish, halibut, or salmon)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium onion
- 2 red peppers
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 hours prior to grilling, prepare fish by rinsing with cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and vinegar to make the marinade. Pour marinade into a large freezer bag and add fish. Make sure fish is well coated with marinade. Place freezer bag in the refrigerator for two hours.
- While fish is marinating, chop vegetables. Half the cucumber lengthwise and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Cut the onions into eights. Cut red pepper into 1/3 chunks. Set aside.
- Remove fish from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Assemble kebabs according to taste. Many people like a combination of alternating pieces of meat and vegetables. This combination is entirely a matter of personal choice. It does not affect the cooking.
- If you are using steel skewers, be sure to put a light coat of oil on them before adding the fish and vegetables. They will slide on and off much easier.
- Spray the grill lightly with cooking oil and place the fish kebabs on the grill. Cook for about 4-6 minutes each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over white rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|