- 8 slices (about 4" x 4") cooked ham
- 4 slices cheese (thin)
- 1/2 cup white flour (unbleached)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 8 oz/1/4 liter olive oil for frying
- Lay 4 slices of ham on clean work area or counter.
- Lay a cheese slice on each ham slice and another slice of ham on top.
- Break the eggs into a medium size bowl or a small, open baking dish with a flat bottom. Add water to eggs and beat with a wire whip.
- Put flour and bread crumbs onto a dinner plate and mix together.
- Pour enough oil into a medium frying pan to completely cover the bottom. Heat on medium.
- When oil is hot, bread the ham and cheese: Dip the ham and cheese into the beaten egg and then dredge in the flour and bread crumb mixture.
- Fry the San Jacobo in the oil until golden brown and turn over and fry on the flip side.
- Remove from the frying pan and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Repeat the breading and frying with each of the other 3 San Jacobos.
- Serve hot accompanied by bread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||75 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|