This easy chicken is baked to perfection with pineapple chunks and onion soup mix. Use bone-in split chicken breasts in this recipe. Thanks to Sandy for sharing this recipe.
Serve the chicken and pineapple with hot cooked rice or noodles. Add steamed broccoli or green beans for a satisfying, tasty dinner.
- 6 split chicken breasts (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine, melted)
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks (in natural juice, undrained)
- Optional: 1/4 cup maraschino cherries (halved)
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Gather the ingredients.
Set the oven broiler to high, 500 F.
Line a shallow baking pan with foil, leaving long ends to fold over and encase the chicken later. Arrange the chicken breasts in the pan and brush with the melted butter.
Broil the chicken for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour the mixture over the chicken.
Bring the ends of the foil over the chicken and seal the edges with a double fold, encasing the chicken completely.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is done. The minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165 F.