A tangy mustard and ranch dressing sauce flavors these yummy baked pork chops perfectly. The seared pork chops bake to tender perfection with the sauteed mushrooms and sauce mixture. It's a surprisingly easy dish to put together. Just prepare the pork chops, pop the baking dish in the oven, and go about your afternoon while your dinner bakes.
Feel free to add about 1/2 cup of sliced celery to the skillet along with the onions and mushrooms for extra texture and color. For garlic flavor, add a minced clove of garlic to the skillet about 1 minute before the onions and mushrooms have browned.
If you don't have ranch dressing, here's another flavorful option: omit the ranch dressing, and when the pork chops come out of the oven, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or sour cream to the sauce.
Serve these baked pork chops with hot cooked rice or potatoes for a satisfying and tasty everyday family meal.
- 4 to 6 loin pork chops, boneless or bone-inSeasoned salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (low sodium or unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bold and spicy mustard or whole grain mustard
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish or roasting pan with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Pat the pork chops with paper towels and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot and shimmering, arrange the chops in skillet and sear them for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chops to the prepared baking dish.
- To the hot skillet, add the chopped onions and mushrooms. Cook until the onions are browned and just tender, about 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping up any browned bits.
- Combine the Ranch dressing and mustard; stir into the skillet mixture. Let the sauce boil for a minute; pour over the pork chops.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Tips and Variations
- You might want to add some medium baking potatoes to the oven along with the baking dish. Rub the potatoes with some olive oil and kosher salt, prick them in a few places, and arrange them on the oven rack. They'll take approximately 1 1/2 hours at 325 F.
- Mushrooms are like sponges when it comes to liquids. The best way to clean mushrooms is with a damp paper towel. Just wipe them clean and trim the stems. If they are particularly dirty and you must use water, just give them a quick rinse and dry them quickly with paper towels.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|