Use your favorite salsa in this super easy and delicious four ingredient baked Saucy Chicken recipe. Try more unusual types, such as fruit salsas or green salsa. It's fun to browse through the supermarket aisles, especially in the international foods section or in specialty stores, to see what kind of salsas and sauces you can find.
You, of course, can add lots of other ingredients to this recipe. Add some sliced carrots, chopped bell peppers, sliced zucchini, or yellow summer squash. Potatoes won't cook in time in this recipe, but try adding some chopped tomatoes, or garnish the dish with sliced avocados and chopped fresh cilantro.
You can leave the chicken whole, or shred it when it comes out of the oven. Stir the shredded chicken back into the spicy sauce and serve over rice.
To complete this meal, all you need is a green salad or a fruit salad with a light dressing. A nice glass of wine and some brownies or cookies for dessert complete this easy meal.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the chicken breasts, salsa, brown sugar, and honey Dijon mustard and place in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked and registers 165 F on a food thermometer.
- Serve the chicken mixture over hot cooked rice, couscous, or pasta.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||89 g|
|Saturated Fat||36 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|