Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders are the perfect breakfast on the go. They are full of hearty sausage, gooey cheese, and wholesome egg and they're all on an easy to eat slider roll! Not only are they great for a quick morning breakfast they are also perfect for feeding a large group of people at a brunch.
Kings Hawaiian Rolls take these sliders to the next level! They are incredibly soft, sweet, and buttery tasting! They are perfect for salty or sweet breakfast treats! You could use another roll or English muffins for this recipe as well!
This recipe uses casserole dishes to make even layers of the sausage and egg. This makes it so much easier to place them on the rolls and to get an even layer of everything on each roll.
You can change it up and use different kinds of cheese. Colby Jack is a delicious option that tastes wonderful with sausage and egg. Something a little more unique like a gouda would also be delicious.
After you are done assembling the sliders, If you want to get really wild you can top the top bun with a combination of melted butter and maple syrup. It makes for a super decadent slider that also keeps the bread nice and soft!
This recipe makes a pretty large batch. They are easy to wrap and freeze individually. When you are ready to east them, pop them into the oven in the morning before you head to work. They are the perfect breakfast for any busy family. They're also great to make for a large group of people. You can make them ahead of time, pop them in the oven, and serve a large group!
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices Colby jack cheese
- 16 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper together. Grease a casserole dish and pour the egg into the dish.
- Place the breakfast sausage into another casserole dish. Flatten completely until it is one even layer. Place both baking dishes in the oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked. The sausage should be about 170 F in order to be completely cooked.
- Slice the rolls so that you have a top and a bottom.
- Lay the cooked sausage over the bottom of the rolls, top with the cooked egg and the slices of cheese. Put the top of the rolls back on and place in the oven again. Once the cheese has melted, take the rolls out and cut them into the sliders.
- You can also wait to bake them and wrap them individually and freeze them. Reheat them individually later.