This is a very simple side dish, but a very versatile one. You can serve this with anything from Chicken Breasts with Basic Herb-Wine Pan Sauce to Grilled Mexican Rib-Eye Steaks to Horseradish Ginger Salmon to Roast Beef with Mustard Garlic Crust.
You can also use broccoli in place of the broccoli rabe. Broccoli rabe is a bit more bitter than regular broccoli, but it provides a nice foil for richer dishes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini or button
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped broccoli rabe
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Add the mushrooms and garlic, season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms have turned nicely browned. Add the broccoli rabe and red pepper flakes and sauté for another 8 minutes or so, until the broccoli rabe is crisp tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, and serve hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|