- 6 ounces egg noodles (thin, cooked, drained)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons
- all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups
- chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup diced pimiento
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced cppled chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- In large skillet or saucepan over low heat, melt butter; sauté mushrooms until tender. Blend in flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add chicken broth, milk, pimiento, and salt and pepper; stir constantly until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in chicken, peas, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and the cooked noodles. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake the casserole for about 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Top 20 Chicken Casserole Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)