This flavorful roast beef is rubbed with garlic, cracked black pepper, and a variety of fresh or dried herbs. The seasoned roast is then covered and refrigerated for an hour or two before roasting, giving the garlic and herbs time to flavor the beef.
The easy roast makes an elegant meal for any occasion. It's an excellent roast for holidays as well.
- 1 sirloin tip roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper or about 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or about 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried leaf rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated onion or finely minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Remove roast from any netting and place in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Rub roast all over and tie with twine to keep it together if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 F. Uncover the beef and place in the oven.
- Roast for about 25 minutes per pound, or until the roast is tender and done as desired.
- For medium-rare, the roast will register about 140 F. The roast will continue to cook to the minimum safe temperature of 145 F as it rests. For medium-rare, cook the roast to about 130 F.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
More Sirloin Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|