This mustard and vinegar based barbecue sauce is perfect on any kind of grilled or smoked pork. Keep this sauce warm so the honey stays runny.
- 1 cup (240 mL) prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) corn oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a saucepan. Slowly add vinegar, stirring until it's well mixed.
2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|