- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth)
- 4 oz. spinach (about 1 cup, loosely packed)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (I used Swiss)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano (or thyme)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about ten minutes, or until quinoa is thoroughly cooked and liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the onion for a few minutes, until soft, then add spinach, cooking just until spinach has barely wilted, about two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, cooked spinach, and onions, eggs, cheese, oregano or thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, mixing to combine well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin about 1/4 cup at a time, being careful not to overfill.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional information (from CalorieCount), per muffin, based on 10 muffins:
Calories: 89; Total Fat 2.8g; Saturated Fat 1.0g; Cholesterol 36mg; Sodium 157mg; Total Carbohydrates 11.5g; Dietary Fiber 1.5g; Protein: 4.5g; Vitamin A 23%•Vitamin C 7%Calcium 5%•Iron 7%
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|