This is a delicious combination that makes an incredible casserole, perfect for a busy holiday or weekend morning. Make it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning for an easy, on-the-go breakfast that takes little effort.
- 6 slices bread (cubed)
- 1 pound sausage (browned, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- Cube bread and place evenly in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over the layers in the pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set. Cut into squares to serve.
- This casserole may also be prepared the night before. Just cover and refrigerate the unbaked casserole. Take it out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before baking time; bake as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|