|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This injection marinade for turkey is loaded with lots flavor. The secret with an injection marinade is to make sure that the marinade is well mixed and that the herbs are fine enough to fit through the needle without clogging.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried bay leaf pieces
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried sage
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely ground black pepper
Place bay leaf, thyme, sage into a spice or coffee grinder and pulverize into a powder.
Combine remaining spices with ingredients in a saucepan.
Simmer over medium heat for five minutes, stirring often. The salt should be dissolved at this point. If not, let the mixture simmer for another 2 minutes.
Remove saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool for 10-15 minutes.
Load the syringe with marinade and inject into the breast, thigh, and leg meat. Do this a few times to spread out the seasoning. Wipe away any mixture that bubbles up to the top. Season outside of turkey and cook as directed.