|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 pancakes (12 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These tasty savory little zucchini pancakes are made with fresh shredded zucchini and parmesan cheese, along with some fresh or dried basil for extra flavor.
Plan to let the shredded zucchini drain for an hour or two to remove as much moisture as possible.
This is a nice way to prepare zucchini, and it's a nice change from zucchini bread and muffins.
- 3 medium zucchini (shredded, about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (good quality grated )
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil (or about 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Gather the ingredients.
- Put the shredded zucchini in a colander and mix with the salt. Cover and let drain for about 1 hour. Refrigerate if draining for a longer period of time.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini with the beaten eggs, cheese, basil, flour, and pepper.
- Heat a few teaspoons of butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spoon a few tablespoons of the zucchini batter into the skillet for each pancake and cook until browned on the bottom. Turn and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve as an appetizer with salsa, a savory dip, or chili sauce. Or serve the zucchini pancakes as a side dish with grilled meat or poultry.
Tips and Variations
Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of grated onions to the mixture along with the zucchini.
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of finely minced green onion to the batter.