- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed and very finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse scallops, chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; sauté onion until softened.
- Blend flour into butter mixture and gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, and bay leaf and scallops. Cook over low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
- Garnish with parsley, a swirl of sour cream or roasted red pepper puree.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)