Scalloped potatoes are baked with cheese, milk, butter, and chopped onion, along with seasonings and flour.
- 4 cups sliced raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- Place half the potatoes in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, flour, onion, and cheese. Dot with bits of butter.
- Repeat layer then add milk to cover potatoes.
- Cover with foil or lid and bake at 375° for 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender.
- Take the lid off near the end of cooking to brown, or put under a broiler for a few minutes.
More Scalloped Potato Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|